Let me start out by saying, “These are the softest, most delicious cookies”. Also the original cookies called for Mini M&M’s and chocolate chips. I prefer to use the original plain M&M’s and no chocolate chips. I have nothing against chocolate chips but because of my love for M&M’s, I use the original M&M’s.
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all purpose Flour
1/4 cup vanilla instant pudding mix
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
If you want to add the original Mini M&M’s and Mini Chocolate Chips to the recipe add:
1 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1 1/4 cup Mini M&M”s
If you want to use the original M&M’s add:
1 cup M&M’s
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Using a mixer, in a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars well.
3. Add egg, vanilla and mix until well combined
4. Next, add in the flour, instant pudding mix, baking soda and salt and mix in until just combined on low speed. (Don’t Overmix) Then remove the mixer/beaters from the bowl.
5. Add in the M&M’s or use the Mini Chocolate Chips and Mini M&M’s
6. Using a medium or large cookie scoop, scoop and place dough scoops on baking sheet, 1 inch for medium cookies and 2 inches for large.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes for medium and 12-14 minutes for large.
8.Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
9. Makes 2 dozen medium cookies or 18 large cookies.
As a side note: You can add so many things to these cookies. I’ve used this recipe for different style cookies. Add different flavors of chocolate chips, add nuts, or even different crushed up candy bars. This is also a easy recipe for kids to help with. Let them use their imagination and add candy they enjoy.